General Pre-Op Instructions
- Do not have eat or drink anything (not even water) after midnight the night before your surgery appointment. Failure to follow this instruction may be life-threatening!
- Do not wear tight clothing on the day of appointment. Wear a short-sleeved shirt or blouse.
- Use restroom 30 minutes before appointment time.
- Do not ignore a head or a chest cold when oral surgery is to be performed. Call immediately if any symptoms are present; a change of appointment may be necessary.
- Be sure that a responsible person accompanies you on the day of the appointment. It will be necessary for this person to remain at the office during surgery and to drive you home. Someone must stay with you all day after your surgery. Do not drive for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not wear fingernail polish or acrylic fingernails.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- The use of electronic devices for recording purposes is NOT permitted. This includes: cameras, tape recorders, cell phones, iPods/iPads, laptop computers or any electronic device with photo, video or audio recording.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the clinical areas.
If an unforeseen circumstance requires you to change or cancel your scheduled appointment, we ask that you provide us with 48 hours notice.